Adrian is the Editor-in-Chief of BA Digest and Co-founder of BASchool.day. Author, speaker. But mainly a Business Analyst whom co-workers would describe as an "unapologetic diva" (a joke, but only slightly).
Tune into the episode below or on your favourite podcast player.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/onesixeight-fm/id1513382531
- Listen on Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5ibHVicnJ5LmNvbS9mZWVkcy9vbmVzaXhlaWdodGZtLnhtbA==
- Listen on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6uxuO9uDYxai6T0Qh1iPTi?si=f73bde3a80c24e8f
- Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLESRdkn36D8k21jJfm9lCzA7TlQ7AE31x
Brought to you by https://businesschange.academy skills development and career building business analysis courses.
- [01:06] Did business analysis find Adrian, or did business analysis find him?
- [03:17] How business analysis has changed over the years since Adrian started
- [09:21] Cutting out the signal from the noise to find focus in this modern-day
- [15:11] Displaying empathy when a customer's problem is not a star or a circle
- [20:41] Agile as part of a whole set of needs to become a responsive organisation
- [25:51] Losing the learned helplessness and having the courage to be more
- [29:44] Building a community of practice that spans beyond your organisation
- [32:15] Embracing niche professions that defragment the business analyst role
- [42:11] Finding identity and community within business analysis into the future
- [49:54] Seeing business analysis conferences as family reunions, not networking
Add your voice: https://futurebusinessanalyst.com/survey
- Christina Lovelock and Adrian Reed's BA School Day: https://baschool.day/
- BA Digest: https://badigest.link/FBAPOD
- Begin With You by Petra Velzeboer: https://amzn.to/3LoQ2pE (Amazon)
- Adrian's shoutouts: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurabrandenburg/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulabell44/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickdevoil/, and https://www.linkedin.com/in/fabricio-laguna/
- Wardley Mapping: https://learnwardleymapping.com/
- Networking conferences: https://basummit.co.za/, https://irmuk.co.uk/event/business-analysis-conference-europe/, https://ba-beyond.eu/, and https://ba-day.com/
- IIBA Brussels BA Cafe every Friday: https://brussels.iiba.org/bacafe/
- IIBA UK BA Brown Bag Session: https://www.iibauk.org/events/1309-virtual-ba-brown-bag
(Affiliate links earn a commission from qualifying purchases which helps support my channel at no additional cost to you.)
- Website: https://businesschange.academy/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adrianreed/
To learn more and take your business analysis expertise to the next level, visit https://futurebusinessanalyst.com
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review so we can reach more people with modern business analysis and change principles!
Never Miss New Shows or Episodes!
Subscribe to get the most out of OneSixEight.fm in a single monthly email, our Inter-Change Roundup will change the way you go about business analysis and change…