Paul is a self-employed business analyst. He is passionate about building skills, doing so as a coach, mentor, public speaker and the organiser of the Capability Drive conference.
Tune into the episode below or on your favourite podcast player.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/onesixeight-fm/id1513382531
- Listen on Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5ibHVicnJ5LmNvbS9mZWVkcy9vbmVzaXhlaWdodGZtLnhtbA==
- Listen on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6uxuO9uDYxai6T0Qh1iPTi?si=f73bde3a80c24e8f
- Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLESRdkn36D8k21jJfm9lCzA7TlQ7AE31x
Brought to you by https://businesschange.academy skills development and career building business analysis courses.
- [01:11] Paul's backstory of how he got into business analysis from being an SME
- [05:07] The evolution of business analysis over the years
- [08:49] Expanding your knowledge through volunteering
- [13:45] Business analysts are typecast by a misunderstanding of what it is we do
- [16:33] Many BAs are not picking up on the rise of AI as they are too close to the business
- [20:41] How having the breadth of experience lifts up the core skills needed for the job
- [23:11] Walking into a room and solving a problem, no matter the problem
- [27:53] Connecting the dots, including dots that other people don't see
- [31:27] It's time to drop the Business Analyst title, or is it?
- [38:41] Shifting to service thinking, finding niches and productising your work
Add your voice: https://futurebusinessanalyst.com/survey
- Fabricio Laguna's video about AI in 20xx: https://thebrazilianba.com/2023/06/20/business-analysis-with-artificial-intelligence-in-year-20xx/
- The Medici Effect: What Elephants and Epidemics Can Teach Us About Innovation by Frans Johansson (Amazon: https://amzn.to/3rdFn9J)
(Affiliate links earn a commission from qualifying purchases which helps support my channel at no additional cost to you.)
- Website: https://businesschange.academy/
To learn more and take your business analysis expertise to the next level, visit https://futurebusinessanalyst.com
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review so we can reach more people with modern business analysis and change principles!
Never Miss New Shows or Episodes!
Subscribe to get the most out of OneSixEight.fm in a single monthly email, our Inter-Change Roundup will change the way you go about business analysis and change…