Paula is the CEO of Paula A. Bell Consulting, LLC. She is a business analyst, leadership and career development coach, consultant, speaker and author with 21+ years of diverse experience in corporate America.
Tune into the episode below or on your favourite podcast player.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/onesixeight-fm/id1513382531
- Listen on Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5ibHVicnJ5LmNvbS9mZWVkcy9vbmVzaXhlaWdodGZtLnhtbA==
- Listen on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6uxuO9uDYxai6T0Qh1iPTi?si=f73bde3a80c24e8f
- Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLESRdkn36D8k21jJfm9lCzA7TlQ7AE31x
Brought to you by https://businesschange.academy skills development and career building business analysis courses.
- [01:06] Paula's step-by-step journey to becoming a business analyst
- [04:59] The mixed bag of the business analysis role back in the day
- [08:27] Looking forward, looking backwards, and making up trends
- [13:53] Data analysis strings for the business analyst bow, or not?
- [15:49] Where business analysis fits vs where business analysts fit
- [21:04] AI mastering soft skills and business analysts mastering tech
- [27:29] Critical mindsets needed for the future business analyst
- [32:10] Highlighting what diversity, equity, and inclusion is about
- [41:42] Becoming more aware of the biases that are restricting us
- [45:21] Being a global citizen and being a part of a bigger community
Add your voice: https://futurebusinessanalyst.com/survey
- Christina Lovelock and Adrian Reed's BA School Day: https://baschool.day/
- Serendipity Conference (No link: in the deep freeze)
- IIBA Brussels BA Cafe every Friday: https://brussels.iiba.org/bacafe
- Paula's shoutouts: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joenewbert/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertthacker/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/adrianreed/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/christina-lovelock/, and https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelawickcbap/
(Affiliate links earn a commission from qualifying purchases which helps support my channel at no additional cost to you.)
- Website: https://businesschange.academy/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulabell44
To learn more and take your business analysis expertise to the next level, visit https://futurebusinessanalyst.com
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review so we can reach more people with modern business analysis and change principles!
Never Miss New Shows or Episodes!
Subscribe to get the most out of OneSixEight.fm in a single monthly email, our Inter-Change Roundup will change the way you go about business analysis and change…