Samuel is a business analyst with Assurity Consulting who is passionate about people, ideas and technology. He is the Past President IIBA Zimbabwe Chapter, a friend of Joe Newbert, and other such maverick BA thought leaders.
Tune into the episode below or on your favourite podcast player.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/onesixeight-fm/id1513382531
- Listen on Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5ibHVicnJ5LmNvbS9mZWVkcy9vbmVzaXhlaWdodGZtLnhtbA==
- Listen on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6uxuO9uDYxai6T0Qh1iPTi?si=f73bde3a80c24e8f
- Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLESRdkn36D8k21jJfm9lCzA7TlQ7AE31x
Brought to you by https://businesschange.academy skills development and career building business analysis courses.
- [01:15] Samuel's rise from IT Support to becoming a Business Analyst
- [05:17] Casting an eye towards what lies ahead for the business analysis profession
- [07:45] Finding value in the identity of the business analyst
- [10:18] Conveying the value of business analysis to ears that don't understand
- [15:57] Types of skills you have now that will live long into your BA future
- [20:41] Techniques that AI might assist with in future (or takeover altogether)
- [23:22] The mindset BAs need to have to build relationships and create value
- [27:19] Lifting our heads up from what's under our noses to see what's on the horizon
- [32:23] Taking some risk and ownership with a slice of the C-Suite KPIs
- [40:58] Exercising fluidity as a business analyst soft-skill in the present moment
Add your voice: https://futurebusinessanalyst.com/survey
- Zimbabwe IIBA Chapter: https://zimbabwe.iiba.org/
(Affiliate links earn a commission from qualifying purchases which helps support my channel at no additional cost to you.)
- Website: https://businesschange.academy/
To learn more and take your business analysis expertise to the next level, visit https://futurebusinessanalyst.com
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review so we can reach more people with modern business analysis and change principles!
Never Miss New Shows or Episodes!
Subscribe to get the most out of OneSixEight.fm in a single monthly email, our Inter-Change Roundup will change the way you go about business analysis and change…